Clear, removable aligners are a great alternative for those wanting to achieve beautiful straight teeth but without the use of traditional braces. There are many aligners available on the market, but the most popular and well known is Invisalign.
Invisalign aligners are worn for 22 hours a day, and are replaced every few weeks. Invisalign is not suitable for everyone, but is usually available for most people who are wanting a faster alternative to braces. In order for treatment to be carried out effectively two key criterias need to be met beforehand:
- Treatment plan by a specialist orthodontist has been done correctly. As Invisalign is a product not a treatment plan, it needs to be used in conjunction with a plan that is set out by a professional practitioner that knows how to use the product effectively.
- Patient cooperation. Invisalign needs to be worn for the prescribed amount of time, otherwise the optimal or desired results will not be achieved.
There are two types of invisalign that patients may use, with varying costs attached. By seeking advice and a treatment plan from a professional orthodontist, they will be able to work out the best solution for your situation and desired outcome.
- Will be used for most patients who have complex condition and need realignment of teeth
- Offers maximum flexibility
- Longer treatment time
- More expensive (usually same price as clear braces)
- Offered usually to those who have had previous orthodontic treatment but have suffered from a slight shift of their teeth since
- Shorter treatment time
- Less expensive